From Utica, New York
Guest of Syracuse Polish Festival 2007
Founders, directors, and choreographers Elzbieta & Rafal Pawlowski established the group in February 2000. The group specializes in regional Polish folk dances from various regions of Poland, with a goal of increasing awareness of traditions, culture of all those regions, through gracious dances and colorful costumes.
At the present time there are about thirty dancers, which are split up into two age groups - adults and children. Free rehearsals take place every Friday, at the Polish Veterans Club in Utica, NY.
The group has performed at numerous events, such as:
- Polish Festival, Syracuse, NY
- Pulaski Day Parade, New York City
- Europe Festival, Syracuse, NY
- Cultural Awareness Concert at the Stanley Theater along with the Utica Symphony Orchestra
- Polish Fest, Latham, NY
- Polish Days, Schenectady, NY
- Polish Days, Syracuse, NY
- 4th of July Parades, Utica, NY
- Memorial Day Parade, Utica, NY
- International Days at schools, Utica, NY
- Pulaski Day Celebration, Utica, NY and
- numerous Balls of Polish Organizations such as:
- The Kopemik Memorial Association
- The White Eagle Association, and
- The Polish Community Home of Utica, NY
The group is a non-profit organization, and prospers mainly through donations received for performances as well as donations from local sponsors. The Little Poland is also a member of the Polish National Alliance.
Polish Festival 2007 Guests
Polish Scholarship Fund, Inc., P.O. Box 2025, Syracuse, NY 13220br />
Copyright © 2002-2007 Polish Scholarship Fund, Inc. All Rights Reserved.